Saturday, July 5, 2008

Not so 4th of July

Well first off the reason why I do not like the 4th of July is because I do not like ear shattering noises. (loud is fine but fireworks goes off the scale) Oh and there is more. I also have mostly lived in Arizona so when we go out to watch fireworks the air is dusty and horribly hot. Other than that I guess 4th of July is ok. (but not nearly as wonderful as any other holiday) That is my opinion. Anyways so yesterday we were at a nice swimming party with hotdogs and hamburgers. It was all very fun. The problem is it had been getting windy. We weren't sure if there was going to be fireworks but we decided that we would go just in case. Later we went to a nice grassy area to watch fireworks and all the little kids were so excited and rolling down the hill. But people started walking back home. So we found out that the fireworks had been posponed. During that time we watched people throwing fire bombs or what ever out the windows of the cars or kids throwing fire fountains from bushes. That was kind of cool but then it started getting so windy that they just flat out canceled the fireworks. (but we saw a few from the backyards) so that was our not so 4th of July. Oh and on top of that as of today I have 30 more day untill school. UGGGGGGG! Byas!

3 comments:

laurak said...

Siena, you remind me of your Aunt Deborah. She was always scared of the noise from the fireworks, too. I wonder if she has outgrown that fear. It is too bad that we missed out on fireworks this year. I feel cheated. The heat is usually unbearable. +100 degrees is never comfortable.

faceyboy said...

Hot and dusty. Now you're speaking my language.

Anonymous said...

Well, we missed the fireworks, too, but because of the bugs. We just couldn't wait long enough for them to begin because the gnats kept divebombing us and crawling in our hair. Ugh!