Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Summer!

I just ended school last Thursday and already I know its going to be a busy summer! I really want to do a summer blog so I suppose I'll start with telling you about my first day of summer. On Friday after a lazy start Spencer, my mother, and I went swimming in our pool. (It was still cold! Can you believe it?) After that I went over to my friend Brittany's house for a sleepover and that night we had to go sell car wash tickets for the next morning. We even went to different stores to ask the cashiers if they wanted a ticket which was not my idea. Saturday, you guessed it! We woke up at 6:45 and headed off to go scrub cars. We did this to earn money for my future High School band so that we could go to Washington D.C. and play on the white house lawn. The car wash was so LONG! it was from 7:30 to 12:00 and we were washing cars practically non-stop. The rest of the day I think all I did was relax because I was so tired from washing cars. THEN on Sunday my mother and I went to a temple dedication and it was really boring. Still I liked the singing part at the end.
This is a picture of my temple recommend and handkercheif.

After that long time at church we then went to our friend Pearls house and we got to hold her great-grandaughter, Maddie. She was so precious! So today? Today we went to my eye doctor and picked out some new glasses which are much nicer then the ones I have now. Then we came home and made some pizza as well as an orange shake for lunch. We had planned on going to the library but instead I stayed home and threw away / organized my school work. So far I've been pretty busy and I plan on keeping up this blog so make sure to check in often for my latest doings.

1 comment:

laurak said...

You've had a busy start to a fun summer. Well, even though the temple dedication was "boring", you now can check that experience off on your life list.
You did great at the car wash. That must have been exhausting.
I can't wait to see you in your cute glasses.