
Lately I have been going to something called "mini band camp" which is to help to Freshman and other High-schoolers get ready for marching band in the fall. Basically they teach you how to march and how to do the show and I've found out the hard way that it is a miserable program. Not that it matters because of course its mandatory to go to if you want to be in marching band next year. Luckily it only lasts three days and today was the last day. It's from 6:00pm to 9:00pm and not only is there only one five-minute break but they work you SUPER hard.
It makes me wonder if they always make you work this hard at mini band camp because it isn't every year that the Millennium Band has the opportunity to go to D.C. Maybe our band director is just trying to make us the best of the best this particular year. Anyways, I almost considered quitting band but I love band so much that THAT didn't seem like a reasonable option.I'm glad I endured the last three hours of mini band camp tonight because now I can enjoy the rest of my summer. Of course though in the middle of July the REAL band camp is starting up and it lasts the WHOLE week. If mini band camp is only a fraction of what the real camp is I don't want to know what the camp in July's going to be like. Oh well... Well, I guess that's all for now but I'll let you know when something else happens. Have an awesome summer!



2 comments:
Wow. That sounds hot in July.
The good thing is that they will be going up North for summer band camp. It is going to take a lot of work to get ready in time for D.C., so just mentally prepare yourself, my darlin'.
Post a Comment