Wow what a rush! I have been gone for two weeks going to girls camp and curry summer music camp! Girls camp was sooo fun and we did so many things. I learned a bit of archery, hatchet throwing, and skeet shooting. Though I didn't hit a single target on any of the activities it was fun! We also went repelling down a forty foot cliff by the nearby lake and it went... well. Everyone was freaked out when the saw how far 40 feet could really be but we got through it and took the "plunge". Before my turn was up I had said that I was worried about the cliff falling, but they just laughed and said that I would actually fall (I doubted them). As I got strapped up the guy told me to step of the cliff and sit in the harness like a chair but it felt so freaky and unnatural to be sitting in the air at the edge of a cliff that could kill you if you fell. (yes the instructor said 40 feet COULD kill you which didn't help) I told the guy that I wasn't strong enough to hold myself up with just one arm but he said that I WAS strong enough. Well I sure proved him WRONG. I slipped and the next thing I knew the sky was below me. I dangled there right at the edge of the cliff and struggled to get back right side up. When I made it down the said I did great and that I made a quick recovery but... yeah I don't believe it. After that we made necklaces and traded pins for our lanyards and went on a big hike to the lake. The water was cold so I didn't swim, I just stuck my feet in and rode the canoe. On the trip home we stopped at dairy queen and got blizzards and I fell asleep in the car all the way back to Goodyear. I was happy to see my mom and siblings and I took a long, warm shower when I got home. Afterwards I took a nap, woke up, a dinner, packed for the next camp, went back to bed for the ride up to the next camp in the morning. HOW TIRING! anyway my dad's yelling at me to go to bed so I'll tell you all about band camp tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Pretty picture. Did you take it?
I'm glad I wasn't there watching. I might have fainted to see you hanging upside down from a 40 ft cliff.
ahh no i didn't take the pic but it was the place i was at
Post a Comment